Job Vacancy: Liftiing Supervisor at Desicon Engineering Limited
Liftiing Supervisor at Desicon Engineering Limited
Desicon Engineering Limited for over 40 years has been an indigenous industry leader providing innovative Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) solutions to our clients. Knowledge, technical innovation and teamwork are at the centre of who we are. We are focused on leveraging these assets to deliver Instrumentation Maintenance and Construction, Procurement and Consultancy solutions to the Nigerian Energy sector. We are an ISO (9001:2008) certified organisation, and we are focused on continuing to improve our processes to exceed our client expectations. We are proud to be the first indigenous company to own and operate a fully equipped Electrical & Instrumentation facility with an attached calibration workshop; a further indication of our dedication to providing superior service and value for money to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Liftiing Supervisor
Location: Bonny, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Supervisor is responsible for carrying out all lifting operations assigned to the lifting equipment and crane crew under his authority; he is the Person-In-Charge (PIC)
- Duly complete all required operation logs, pre-use inspection procedures and checks.
- Prepare associated Lift Plans for the activity as applicable.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using the load/capacity chart that covers a selection of the configurations for the crane type.
- Lead the Tool box Meeting prior to work (The Toolbox Talk shall cover the workplan, the hazards, the controls, roles & responsibilities, and any recovery measures to be taken if the controls are not completely effective).
- Confirm to all crew members that the Banks Man is the only person giving instructions to the Crane Operator.
- Perform a pre-operational check to demonstrate operational readiness.
- Control the banks man and riggers associated with lifting operations, including ensuring that personnel involved are competent for performing their task, aware of the task, aware of the procedures to be followed, and aware of their responsibilities.
- Participate/ assist in the annual evaluation and review of COMPANY’s approved 3rd Party Lifting Equipment Certifiers list.
- Assess competences of personnel involved in lifting & handling operations.
- Maintain and update the COMPANY’s procedures (expertise) in safe handling and lifting operations.
- Ensure the above procedures of safe handling and lifting are well understood & applied throughout the COMPANY.
- Manage the activities of contracted services used for specific handling and lifting operations.
- Advise on critical lifting operations, including preparing / reviewing lifting operation plans, engineering calculations, assessment of completed jobs, and attend the lifts.
- Act as COMPANY Site Representative for lifting operations on site and / or contractor’s crane barges where critical lifting operations are to be carried out.
- Undertake periodic lifting and handling audits as required, focusing upon the higher risk activities.
- Work with contractors to ensure technically acceptable lifting procedures and other related documentation are prepared in advance of lifting activities.
- Technical assessment and evaluation of cranes and other lifting equipment proposed by contractors for use on subsidiary sites and projects.
- Check that communication systems are available and used correctly.
- Assess the stability of the ground and ensure that the environmental conditions are within operating procedures.
- Control any form of lifting and positioning of the loads.
- Ensure that the lifting slings or chains are correctly secured to the load and tag lines are in place.
- Check that all loads are properly balanced and slung before lifting.
- Check that the banks man at the recipient location is clearly identified.
- Check that all loads are correctly and safely positioned at the recipient location
- Ensure other personnel are not in the radius of the crane prior to performing maneuvers.
- Candidates should possess an HND qualification.
Application Closing Date
10th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.