Job Vacancy: Procurement Manager at Mactay Consulting
MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firms in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organizations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: CFO, Directors
Direct Reports to this position: Procurement Officer
Sector: Educational Services
- The primary responsibility of this role is to establish and maintain systems for logistical planning of the supply chain, procurement, volume forecasting, and shipping, and to develop and grow relationships with suppliers and marketing partners.
- Focus: Supply Chain, Logistics, Material Management/Procurement, Volume Forecasting, Shipping, and Vendor Account Management.
- Provides direct leadership and strategy for the procurement of goods and services across all the Rainbow Schools.
- Develop and maintain a robust Procurement Policy
- Vendor Management
- Facilitates prompt sourcing for materials, equipment, and spares at an optimal price.
- Monitors local prices of materials through application software, market survey, and advice accordingly on restocking level.
- Establish and monitor stocks of all material and food items ordering plan.
- Updates purchase schedule monthly.
- Manage the end-to-end process of the supply chain.
- Manage records of all stock and inventory purchased.
- Conduct a market survey and analysis of material costs and prices.
- Locate vendors of materials; equipment or supplies to determine/validate the product.
- Availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability as the business requires.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Constant examination and testing of existing contracts.
- Drive change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Assist in the recruitment of procurement staff and support in the necessary training for them and evaluate department staff.
- Manage relationships with Local Suppliers, Exporters, Inspection Officers, Shipping and Clearing Agents, as well as other Third Parties
- Facilitates prompt establishment of LCs and Follow-up Correspondence with
- Exporters, Local / Correspondent Banks as well as relevant Statutory Agencies
- Ensures prompt rendition of statutory payments and returns in order to facilitate a hitch-free clearing.
- Liaises with Shipping, Clearing, and Inspectional Agents for prompt clearing of Imported Consignment
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Relevant Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or any relevant experience.
- 5 to 7 years post-qualification experience in a relevant field
- Progressive responsibilities in the delivery and management of procurement and supply chain services, logistics and assets management
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
- Must have demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of Management.
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
- Must have strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
- Strong communications skills; both verbal and written
- N5,400,000 annually.
- HMO (individual)
- Group Life,
- Phone and data credit (CUG).
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “procurement manager” as the subject of the mail.