Job Vacancy: Sous Chef at Upbeat Centre
Sous Chef at Upbeat Centre
Upbeat was born to fill a gap in the market, establishing a world class and fun sports and fitness recreation centre in Africa for the benefit for all in the community. We are vibrant, encouraging, team-oriented, wholesome and strong with positive attitudes we are babies, school children, young adults, thrill seekers, parents, and grandparents. Every day, we deliver a unique experience through our Facility, our people and our products to make UPBEAT your number one destination for fun and fitness. We provide excellent quality service in a safe environment. We are energetic, we are fun, innovative, and fit! We touch the lives of everyone as we challenge you to be inspired, be different and be motivated. We challenge you to up your Fun, up your Fitness & up your Life!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sous Chef
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure proper amounts of food are in place for forecasted covers, special functions and all reservations,
- Ensure proper rotation of food in the “Mise en place”
- Adheres to Upbeat Restaurant standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation
- Ensure proper seasoning, portions, and appearance of food
- Ensures readiness and makes priorities in case of last-minute changes
- Knows how to follow applicable laws regarding food safety and sanitation
- Prepares and properly sets up all food orders as they are received in accordance with recipes and proper presentation
- Ensures that spoilage and wastage is kept to a strict minimum
- Stores food in a proper way, covered & dated, using appropriate methods
- Follows proper safety, hygiene and sanitation practices at any time
- Works actively, co-ordinates the production and preparation of all food items within the assigned area and ensures a smooth and efficient operation
- Maintains the highest standard quality and portion control, prepares requisitions, checks expiry dates, identifies slow moving items and ensures that all items are properly stored by the section team
- Maintains all operating equipment and report any repairs necessary
- Consults with Head Chef regarding suggestions that might improve quality.
- Performs any other duties asked for by Head Chef
Health and Safety:
- Adheres to all health, sanitation, food safety rules and regulations
- Reports all potential and real hazards immediately
- Fully understands & possess solid knowledge’s the kitchen’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures
- Keeps the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, appropriate uniform, appearance and conduct
- Co-ordinates work, and works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions to avoid mishaps
- Attends meetings and training required by the Head Chef
- Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape
- Is well updated on, and possesses good knowledge of F&B promotions
- Checks the restaurant reservations regularly
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to the food production function
- Continuously seeks to endeavour the knowledge of own job function
- Is well updated on, and possesses solid knowledge of the following:
- Restaurant fire, bomb and emergency procedures
- Restaurant health and safety policies and procedures
- Restaurant corporate marketing and promotional programmes.
- Interested candidates should possess an OND, SSCE / GCE / NECO qualification with 2 – 3 years work experience.
N100,000 – N120,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.