Job Vacancy: Site HSE Lead at Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO)
Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO) is an indigenous company that ventured into Exploration and Production (E&P) business in the year 2005. SEEPCO participated in the 2005 bid round held by Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and was successful with license OML 143 (formerly OPL 280).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site HSE Lead
Location: Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Site HSE lead Officer acts as the first point of contact for all HSE -related matters for the Captive power plant site at SPFL Akwa-Ibom site The primary function of the Health, Safety and Environment Officer (HSE Officer) is to implement the HSE Management system on the plant, in order to achieve and maintain a safe and healthy working environment during construction of plant.
- Implement and monitor all HSE management systems on site, including, but not limited to HSE guidelines, objectives and practices as directed and in coordination with CORPORATE HSE group
- Schedule and execute audits of site to identify areas of improvement and implement measures as identifies. (as well contractor team working on site)
- Expected to monitor site from Early civil construction stage, covering Civil construction, Mechanical / structural piping as well major equipment erection, Plant construction completion and commissioning activities.
- Reports all the accidents and near-misses and implement positive action to prevent a reoccurrence. Keep HSE statistical records, such as incidents, accidents, near-misses and working hours on site
- Carry out risk assessment on continuous basis on site.
- Supervise and plan HSE team at site for achieving safety target for whole plant construction and completion phase.
- Inspect temporary construction facilities, machineries. Lifting equipment and safety equipment and correct potential hazards – ensure safety regulations and compliance during project life cycle.
- Provide HSE training, awareness, and induction on site to staff, contractors and other relevant parties
- Engage with staff, contractors, and other relevant parties with respect to HSE matters related to the site
- Compile monthly site HSE reports / HSE registers up to date.
- Have first line responsibility for incident investigations, including but not limited to investigating, making initial recommendations and putting measures in place to prevent reoccurrence
- Assist Site construction Manager to implement accident-prevention and environmental impact activities on site
- Act as Emergency coordinator on site.
- Other duties as assigned by the project head CPP / Corporate HSE Manager
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with professional certification on HSE discipline
- 10-15 years of experience with HSE discipline with industrial installations.
- Previous work experience with Power plan / project construction would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with HSE management system at site.
Skills & Competencies:
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant HSE legislation (OHS, NEMA etc), and plant safety procedures / safe work practices.
- Highly effective verbal communication skills to share message during safety talks.
- Very good written communication skills: clear expression of idea or information.
- Good interpersonal skills: able to work effectively with internal external stake holders ( contractors ate site) to accomplish HSE goals.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Site HSE Lead” as the subject of the mail.