Job Vacancy: Litigator / Intellectual Property Lawyer at BFA & Co Legal
Litigator / Intellectual Property Lawyer at BFA & Co Legal
BFA & Co Legal was established in 2018 and is headquartered in Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. The firm has leveraged its multi-faceted legal expertise developing into a full-service law firm.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Litigator / Intellectual Property Lawyer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are recruiting to fill the role of a Litigation/Intellectual Property Lawyer, who will be solely responsible for providing legal advice on business matters, such as Patents, Contracts, Agreements, Regulatory Advice, Taxation, and Intellectual Property Rights.
- The ideal candidate will also be responsible for Researching Case Law, Litigating Commercial Disputes, Drafting Contracts, Developing Diverse Corporate Procedures, Managing Budgets, Ensuring Regulatory Compliance, Drafting Codes of Conduct, ETC.
- Negotiate and resolve Patent, Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secret and Litigation disputes.
- Manage Trademark opposition matters.
- Manage patent clearance and brand expansion activities, including by working closely with internal and external IP professionals to determine trademark and patent filing strategies.
- Provide legal advice to company departments, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Communicate with and direct outside contacts, including external counsel and consultants, on Intellectual Property matters.
- Coordinate and communicate efficiently and effectively with the attorneys, legal analysts, litigation assistants and other support staff professionals to ensure all deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Support attorneys and other case team members in IP cases from the pre-suit
- investigation through trial phases.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to the various Legal Resources
- attorneys regarding the handling of transactions, disputes and other legal matters involving intellectual property and including assistance with product claims.
- Assists with or assumes responsibility for other legal projects as assigned.
- Minimum of a BL / LLB Qualification
- 4 years Post Call experience.
- Working knowledge of Intellectual Property laws with a focus on Patent, Trademark, and Copyright law.
- Advanced level of computer literacy.
- Experience with domains of IP practice (e.g., more than one of asset
- development, risk mitigation, data and analytics, portfolio management, licensing, transactional due diligence, patent and non-patent IP assets/risks).
- Ability to attract, manage and retain Clients.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: Rachael@bfaandcolegal.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.