Job Vacancy: Safety Officer at a Lubricant Blending Company
Safety Officer at a Lubricant Blending Company
A Lubricant Blending company located in Benin City is currently expanding its work force and is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Location: Benin City, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- An experienced Safety Officer who will implement company’s policy as regards safety in the workplace through routine inspections and training, accurate and up-to-date documentation of policies, procedures and data and investigations into accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions.
- Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operation
- Inspecting operational equipment and processes to ensure safety
- Creating safety plans that include improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes
- Liaising with law enforcement and investigators who are present at the time of a major accidents
- Meeting and exceeding company’s health and safety goals
- Ensure company’s business management system is effective and complies with Nigerian statutory and regulatory requirements. Ensure that all accidents are well documented and report submitted to the management, investigated and recommended improvements implemented
- Continuously review existing plans and practices, and advice management on required corrective actions to ensure generative and effective Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental(QHSE) system is achieved Develop risk based operational Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental(QHSE) manuals, plans and procedures to achieve company’s objectives and sustainable competiveness Perform all tasks/activities relevant to the company, assigned by the management as required.
- B.Sc/BA/HND in relevant field
- Proven experience of 3 to 5 years in the oil and gas industry
- Professional Certificates in occupational health and safety is an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing health and safety policies Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting
- Working knowledge of safety management information systems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics Outstanding organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and necessary documents to “The Human Resource Manager” via: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.