MOUAU Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike invites applications for admission into the following Postgraduate Programmes of the University for the 2022/2023 Academic Session.
To be eligible for admission into a Postgraduate programme of the University, the candidate must possess a minimum of FIVE O’LEVEL CREDIT passes in ENGLISH LANGUAGE, MATHEMATICS and any other three relevant subjects at not more than TWO sittings.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD)
To be eligible for admission into the PGD programme, candidates must be holders of third class honors first degree in a relevant discipline from any university or holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with minimum of upper Credit in a relevant discipline. For unclassified HND Certificates, a CGPA of 3.5 (5- point scale) and 3.00 (4-point scale) or 60% shall be taken as equivalent to upper credit.
MASTERS DEGREE (M.Sc.)
To be eligible for admission into the Master’s degree programme, candidates must.
- Be graduates of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike or any other recognized University by Senate and should have obtained a first degree with at least Second Class Honors (CGPA of 3.00 and above on 5point scale and 2.50 on 4point scale).
- Possess the Higher National Diploma (HND), with at least Upper Credit and Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant field from a recognized institution and
- Any other certificate or qualification that may be acceptable to Senate.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY DEGREE (Ph.D.)
To be eligible for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy degree programme, a candidate should have obtained a Master’s degree which includes course work and research from Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike or its equivalent from any other University recognized by Senate in relevant disciplines, with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 4.00 (5- point scale), 3.00 (4-point scale) or 60% in percentage scale.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should obtain application forms ONLINE by visiting www.mouau.edu.ng and click on the Postgraduate Application button. This links to a 2-stage application process. Candidates are advised to read the guidelines described carefully and follow the process to complete the application. An application fee of eighteen thousand naira (N18,000.00) will be paid to the University through the Remita platform www.remita.net as described in the guidelines. Once payment is successfully concluded, candidate visits the MOUAU Portal at (www.mouauportal.edu.ng) to complete Stage 2 of the application process.
After submitting the online form, candidates are expected to print the Transcript Application Label that will be displayed and forward same to the Institution from where they earned their qualifying degree(s).
Completed application forms and all relevant documents should be enclosed in the PG File obtainable from PG Room F2 and returned to:
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
Umuahia, Abia State.
Academic transcripts should be forwarded from the qualifying Institutions to the same address before the closing date. Please note that any candidate whose transcript is not received will not be considered for admission.
· Candidate visits
· Candidate clicks on the “Postgraduate Application” button.
Candidate should please read the advertorial which will guide him/her on the courses available for study, and their requirements. Once candidate is sure that s/he meets the requirements of desired course and the availability desired course, then candidate should click on the “Proceed to Postgraduate Application form” button.
The application is in two parts.
Candidate fills PG Pre-Application form and submits
N/B: Please ensure you fill form correctly. Pay close attention to Entry Mode, PG Mode and Programme.
A PG Application Number (PAN) is auto-generated on the system.
Please take note of your PAN Number as it will be required after payment to complete the Stage 2 of the application process.
A link on this page will redirect you to the Remita Platform to pay Application fees
Candidate now proceeds to pay application fee.
How to pay on Remita:
Candidate’s details shows up on the Application fees platform. There is a tab labelled ‘Pay/paid via’, candidate should click on the drop down menu and choose pay using Remita Payment Gateway and then“Submit”
Remita link is now displayed. Candidate should click on the “Make Payment” button. The Remita payment secured platform shows up.
Candidate should confirm that the payment summary details are correct before proceeding to “Make Payment”.
- Candidate details are displayed. Click the “Submit” button. Payment options are displayed, Choose desired payment option and proceed to make payment (a). If candidate is paying with Internet banking, s/he should select Internet Banking Option and his/her bank and click on Submit button. A payment invoice is generated, which contains the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR). At the bottom right of the payment invoice, s/he clicks on the “proceed to Internet Bank” option, signs in with his/her existing bank details and proceed to make payment.
- A payment receipt is sent to registered email address. (b). If candidate is paying at local bank branch, s/he should Bank Branch from list of options. A payment invoice is generated, which contains the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR). “Print Invoice” and proceeds to any bank for payment, after which a payment receipt is issued to the candidate at the bank.(c). If candidate is paying via ATM card, s/he should click appropriate card type, and enter card details. A payment receipt is sent to registered email address.
P.S: If you are paying online (Internet Banking or via ATM cards),ensure that you print out your payment receipt!
Once payment is successfully concluded, candidate visits mouauportal.edu.ng.
Students Admission Process >> (clicks on the slider button until s/he gets to tab labelled PG Regular) >> PG Regular >> (Now select your appropriate program, Masters, PHD or PGD)
Enter the PAN Number which was generated in Stage 1, this is the ID against which payment was made. If payment was successful, candidate will be led to complete the Stage 2 of the Application Procedure.
Candidate is required to completely fill the PG application form in detail.
Note: Some fields are prefilled with information from Stage 1 of the application process.
Whilst filling the form, candidates should take note of the following:
(a)The Referee’s forms:
Ensure that your referee’s details are correctly entered. Any typographical error may lead to your referee not getting the Referral form for filling and submission
Once you submit the second stage of your application form, your referee will receive an email with a referral form. Your Referee has TWO WEEKS to fill and return the form. After Two weeks, the submission link becomes invalid. This may require that you start the application process afresh!
(b)The Statement of Purpose Form:
As part of the application, candidate is required to write a statement of purpose. You CANNOT submit the application form without filling the statement of purpose.
TIP: Prepare the statement before commencing the Stage 2 of the application.
TIP: Describe your purpose in desiring to undertake Postgraduate work. Include an explanation of your research and study interest, indicating how they relate to your undergraduate work, and to your professional goals. If you are intending to work in a part-time mode, give details of your plan of study.
Candidate submits and can take print out after executing the Submit button. System sends copy of submitted forms to candidate’s email for records.
Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms and transcript for the 2022/2023 PG admission exercise is Tuesday, 17 January 2023.
Admission Screening Test
- All candidates applying to the University for PG programmes in the 2022/2023 academic session are hereby informed that the PG admission screening test in the CBT mode will hold on a date to be communicated later at 9.00 am – 4.00 pm at the University E-Test Center.