Job Vacancy: Contract Manager (Legal) at Ascentech Services Limited
Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Manager (Legal)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Industries/Sector: Manufacturing Company
We would like to engage a Lawyer for the position of a Contract Manager. Some of the requirements for the role include:
- Assist in identifying required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the unit/ function’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with individual departments & divisions and provide advice on legal issues arising from contracts.
- Review and vet contracts and legal agreements including memoranda of understanding or agreement letters of intent and other related documents.
- Research and proffer opinion on any legal inquiries or issues of a contractual nature arising out of the interpretation and application of contracts and agreements.
- Ensure that terms and conditions set out in contractual documentation are legally valid, consistent policies, rules and regulations, and are in the organisation’s best interest.
- Coordinate with tender committees and concerned departments/divisions in drafting and finalizing tender documentation. Provide legal assistance to tender committees in tender amendment, tender process management, contract negotiation and finalization.
- Provide assistance in litigation by or against contractors or other parties arising out of contracts, agreements, or similar documentation.
- Ensure the set up and maintenance of a database of all contractual documents and related legal documentation.
- Ensure safe custody of all tenders and contracts.
- Assist in implementing the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Ensure adequate training and development is delivered to employees in the Contract and Tender review and management processes.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Legal & Company Secretariat Services.
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in a Business Environment or Law Firm with 5 – 7 years’ experience
- Degree in Law
- An understanding of the construction industry
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of contract law and procedures
- An understanding of bid documents/ construction contracts.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.