Job Vacancy: Registrar at Aminu Saleh College of Education, Azare
The Aminu Saleh College of Education, Azare is a state government higher education institution located in Azare, Bauchi State, Nigeria. It is affiliated to University of Maiduguri for its degree programmes. The Aminu Saleh College of Education was established in 1977. It was established as Advanced Teachers’ College.
The Governing Council of the Aminu Saleh College of Education, Azare Bauchi State, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day performance of his/her duties.
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer
- The Registrar is responsible to the Provost on all administrative matters of the College.
- Function as Secretary to the Governing Council and Academic Board
- Function as Secretary to other statutory Committees
- Responsible for keeping all records of the College f Issuing of Certificates of Service, Results and Transcripts
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Provost or the Council from time-to-time.
To be eligible for appointment as College Registrar, the candidate must possess the following requirements:
- A good honours Degree in any of the Social Sciences and or Arts Subjects from any recognized Institution of higher learning with NYSC Certificate plus 21 years cognate experience and or possession of relevant Master Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 18 years’ cognate experience or a Doctorate Degree with at least 15 Years cognate experience.
- Candidates must have held Senior Administrative posts in an Institution of Higher Learning for a minimum of fifteen (15) years
- Evidence of continuous mandatory professional development,
- Proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT);
- Must have evidence of membership of recognized professional body in the relevant field;
- Successful candidate must not be above the age of fifty-nine (59) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
- Candidates for this post must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
Terms of Appointment
- The Registrar shall hold the office for a period of five (5) years in the first instance, beginning from the effective date of assumption of duty and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment, and may be renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another term of five (5) years and no more.
- The conditions of service are as contained in the 2015 revised conditions of service for Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
- Candidate appointed will be entitled to all officially approved benefits attached to the office of the College Registrar.
- At the end of tenure he/she shall be entitled to a Sabbatical Leave and other benefits as specified in the College Conditions of Service.
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications in soft copy “read only” compact disks, two (2 Nos) using MS Word Package and Fifteen (15) hard copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials which must include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underlined
- Marital Status and Number of Children
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin
- Telephone Number(s) and e-mail Address(es) 5. Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates 7. Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional Bodies
- Work Experience in Chronological sequence 10. Present Employer, Status and Salary
- Evidence of Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Evidence of Medical Fitness from a recognized Government Hospital
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees one of whom must be the present Employer.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope marked “Application for the Posts of Registrar” on the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Aminu Saleh College of Education,
P.M. B. 044, Kim-3 Potiskum – Maiduguri Road,
Azare, Bauchi State.
- Referees: Candidates are required to ask their three (3) referees to forward Confidential Reports on them to the address mentioned above before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.