Job Vacancy: Chief Medical Director at the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki (AEFUTHA)
Chief Medical Director at the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki (AEFUTHA)
The Alex Ekwueme University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki is a frontline tertiary health institution dedicated to the delivery of efficient, effective, and qualitative services comparable with internationally acceptable best practices. Our vision is to be a resource centre of excellence offering value-based, patient-centered, innovative, health and academic services that reflect global best practices.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Medical Director
Location: Abakiliki, Ebonyi
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honorable Minister of Health.
- The Chief Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Interested candidates must have the following requirements:
- Candidate must be a Medical or Dental Practitioner registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria of not less than twelve (12) years Post qualification
- Candidates must be a fellow of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African College of Physicians/Surgeons or its equivalent registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- Candidate must have been a consultant for a minimum of five (5) years;
- Candidate must attach proof of medical fitness
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is mandatory;
- Candidate must be of proven good character and integrity; Evidence of Medical research is an added advantage
- Administrative qualification and experience is an added advantage.
Salary & Allowances
Salary and allowances shall be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officer.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of their Application Letters, Curriculum Vitae and relevant credentials in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Director of Administration,
Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki,