Job Vacancy: Geologist at Fosad Consulting Limited
Fosad Consulting, LLC. is a professional services firm established to provide quality consulting services to desiring clients, whose primary objective is to focus their management and technical resources on their core competence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geologist
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Coordinate geological surveys for the exploration of oil or gas reserves in order to identify new drilling sites
- Interpret laboratory analysis of soil samples to determine their chemical makeup and oil & gas content
- Use computer programs to create maps of exploration sites in order to identify potential drilling locations
- Conduct geological analyses to determine the location of petroleum deposits and their composition
- Perform geological analyses to determine the location of crude oil and gas deposits
- Preparing technical reports on geological findings and presenting them to management
- Analyze and interpret aerial photographs and geophysical data to create maps that identify potential oil or gas deposits.
- Conducts field studies to discover and confirm location of oil and gas deposits using ground-based sonar, geochemical analysis, or satellite mapping.
- Uses geophysical data to calculate oil and gas reserves in prospective areas.
- Support exploration campaign to determine the best drilling and production methods to be used.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Geophysics, or similar field required.
- Must have at least Five (5) years related experience required.
- Certification for Petroleum Geology (CPG) preferred.
- Physically able to travel to field sites
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of geology and other geosciences
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with geographic information systems (GIS) and global positioning system (GPS) software and equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their CV & Application Letter to: email@example.com uisng the Job Title as the subject of the email.