Backend Engineer at mDoc Healthcare
mDoc is digital health start up that leverages behavioral science, data, technology and quality improvement methodologies to improve access to quality healthcare for people with chronic health needs in sub-Saharan Africa. We are seeking an all-star product suite lead to join our team. Our ethos is etched in the belief that augmenting the healthcare & technology landscape is paramount to helping Africa unlock its true potential. We are on a mission to transform how African healthcare consumers receive the support they need to live longer, healthier, happier and more productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Engineer
Location: Lagos (Hybrid)
- We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Back-end Developer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes.
- The Back- end Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
- You should have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills.
- To succeed as a Backend Developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience.
- You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
- Build robust and scalable software in Node JS, React
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, contribute and provide feedback to other team members.
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of Back-end software engineers, Project Managers and System Administrators.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- Bachelor’s Degree or more in Computer Science or a related field
- A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges.
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices and
- Agile Software Development.
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software
- That’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- A strong familiarity of Web Server technologies including NodeJS, React.
- Extensive experience with NodeJS and React, and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Establish Back-End Software Engineer best practices
- Work autonomously, are excited by new technologies, and will never back down from the challenges of scale
- Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, Perl, shell scripting, etc
- Knowledge in database systems and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Experience deploying machine learning models is a plus.
- Bonus Points for:
- Experience developing in a services-oriented and/or event-driven architecture
- Experience with Google GCP
- Familiarity with containers and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Nomad
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience in Agile development processes.
- Competitive Salary
- Hybrid working environment to help you combat traffic.
- Generous parental leave
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable mDoc enrollment per calendar year
- Wellness events (e.g., exercise club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off on your birthday
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / Curriculum Vitae and a 1-2 paragraph response in their email indicating why this job is compelling to them to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.