Finance Manager at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Mission and Main Activities
Objective 1 – Responsible for mission monthly accountancy closure:
- Disseminating information about the accounting procedures of the mission and ensuring that these procedures are respected
- The comprehensiveness and precision of entries and the correct budgetary charging of expenses
- Ensure mission books are closed on monthly basis towards the end of the month
- Timely forwarding of accounting information to Head of Finance and HQ.
- Ensure that all Cash count & Bank Reconciliations are done at the month end for the mission.
- Supervise and ensure that all accounting documentation is updated on daily basis & reconciles with Bank Books and Cash Books.
- Review the mission monthly accountancy to ensure correctness of account codes, budget lines and descriptions used and feedback is sent to all finance team in the mission on accountancy.
- Ensure Original documents from the field locations are received at the Coordination on Monthly basis. Review the documents including the coordination ones, feedback is given to field Admins and timely corrections done.
- Ensure all the original documents are properly filed and archived (Electronically and physical)
- Prepare shared costs file with proficient budget allocation and ensure importation is done to SAGA.
- Ensure that new contracts are entered in SAGA and parameters are correct and send to all bases.
- Request additional information from both bases and Finance officer and Assistant as needed.
- Ensure monthly class 4+ report is prepared & shared with Finance Officer.
- Ensure that all journal entry corrections are done accordingly after the monthly closure.
- Responsible for updating Saga with Odoo figures shared by Finance Coordinator on Monthly basis and ensure Saga and Odoo reconciles.
- Contribute to update of any new financial tool when required or asked by Head of Finance.
Objective 2 – Contribute to Grant financial management, donors’ compliance & budget analysis:
- Responsible for monthly preparation of BFU and Shared Cost then share with Finance Coordinator.
- Receive & incorporating budget forecast in BFU.
- Support budget holders in developing their forecast and monitoring their lines
- Monitor level of over/underspending per budget lines and provide feedback to Finance Coordinator.
- Inform the Finance Coordinator of any information which impacts the grant financial status.
- Review donor guidelines and ensure flexibility is respected
- Ensure proper filing of grants vouchers (review hard documents, review archiving process with the Capital finance team in close coordination with Finance Coordinator.
Objective 3 – Payroll Management and Taxes:
- Responsible for ensuring all Mission Taxes are prepared and remitted on time to the relevant authorities (WHT, PAYE etc).
- Responsible for ensuring all Mission Pensions and NSITF are prepared and remitted on time for the national staffs.
- Contribute to monthly preparation of national staff payroll
- Generate NSITF, PAYE, Pension & staff salary transfers information from payroll on monthly basis.
- Share the final Pension / PAYE information with Finance Coordinator & Base Admins.
- In collaboration with Finance Coordinator, provide budget allocation for all national staff on monthly basis to HR.
- Ensure that Expat salary advance are filed & recorded in SAGA. Send the scan copy to Head of Finance.
- Directly reporting to Finance Coordinator.
- Liaise with mission Liaise with Coordination log team.
- Liaise with HR Department.
- Interaction with suppliers, banking and financial institution service providers, tax offices and other national authorities or institutions with which ALIMA has working relationships for administrative and financial needs.
- Monthly Finance reports like closure (input/support to Head of Finance in preparation).
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA’s policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point…).
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
B.Sc in Accounting, Bachelor level Degree in Management, Finance or related field;
BA or similar higher degree a plus.
Skills and Experience
3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Administration, HR, Finance, Logistics.
Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans.
Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, and be a team player.
Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV with colour picture and qualifications with contact details all in the same files to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
- Only full applications will be taken into account.
- Only accepted applications will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply