The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship program offers 24 full scholarships of €30.000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s program at UM.
Maastricht University (UM) is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with 18,000 students and 4,400 employees, is still growing.
The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education.
Benefits of Holland-High Potential Scholarship
The scholarship covers living expenses (€12,350–13 months; €23,750–25 months), health and liability insurance (€700), visa application costs (€207), tuition fee (at cost), and pre-academic training costs.
The High Potential scholarship is awarded for the duration of the Master’s program–13 months for a one-year master’s program and 25 months for a two-year master’s program.
Requirements for Holland-High Potential Scholarship
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
2. You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
3. You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2023-2024 academic year
4. You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s program to which you have applied.
5. You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education program, a primary education program, or secondary education program in the Netherlands.
Students who completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
6. You are not over 35 years of age on 1 September 2023.
7. You have obtained excellent results during your prior education program, as showed by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence.
If several applicants are equally qualified, we will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence.
January 1, 2023.